Nail Polish "Nora´s Nude"
Dada Vernis is a 3-free nail polish, designed in Basel - produced in Florida. The first edition is a tribute to the Art Basel Miami Beach and the colors of the beaches, the sun, the art, the drinks and dances. Each nail polish is named after Swiss women who are related to the founder - embracing the 'Sister City' relationship between Basel and Miami. Dada Vernis is suitable for vegans, children and pregnant women. Its superior formula is fast drying, long lasting and easy to apply due to the long handle and the wide brush.
Dada Vernis 3-free nail polish is actually a 5-free product, it does NOT contain the following chemicals:
Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) – Common plasticizer, which increases the flexibility and fluidity of a product.
- Makes nail polish last longer by making it more flexible and is used in cosmetics and the manufacture of soft plastics.
- Linked to cancer. Health concerns include problems in the endocrine system, increased risk of diabetes in women, nausea, it’s an irritant, causes reproductive issues and has been linked to birth defects.
Formaldehyde and Formadelhyde Resin– Naturally occurring organic compound that is a gas at room temperature.
- Embalmer, nail hardener, preservative, sterilizer, wood component (although its use in wood is now minimized and legislated).
- Known carcinogen – meaning causes cancer. Health concerns include allergic reactions, breathing issues (coughing, asthma-like symptoms, wheezing, etc.), it’s an irritant, linked to lung and nasal cancers.
Methylene Glycol/Formalin – An organic compound of a solution in water of formaldehyde.
- Embalmer, disinfectant, nail hardener, production of plastic and resins, and wart treatment.
- Known carcinogen. Highly flammable. Health concerns include allergic reactions, breathing issues (coughing, asthma-like symptoms, wheezing, etc.), it’s an irritant, and can cause vomiting.
Toluene – Derived from petroleum and commonly used as a solvent to dissolve or combine other chemicals.
- Fuel, makes nail polish smooth and even and controls it’s evaporation, and used as a solvent (such as in paint thinner).
- Health concerns include dizziness, dry skin, it’s an irritant, casues headaches, liver and kidney damage, nausea, numbness, and has been linked to birth defects.
Camphor – A waxy substance from certain trees that smells good and is used as a plasticizer.
- Embalmer, explosives, culinary ingredient, nail polish plasticizer – making it more flexible and last longer, medicinal uses, and even used in religious ceremonies.
- Highly flammable. Health concerns include dizziness, headaches, and nausea. In high amounts (not found in polish) it can be poisonous, an irritant, cause seizures and even unconsciousness.
Apply one thin layer. Repeat if necessary.